Best 2d animation studios in America-Updated List
Animation is one of the most popular and easily accessible forms of entertainment in the United States. In recent years, the popularity of animation has grown exponentially due to the widespread availability of high-speed internet connections and home computers with personal graphics cards capable of processing complex animations without lagging or buffering. This has led to many 2D animation studios in America, both small and large, designing animated content for television shows, movies, and video games.
2D animation creation is a complex process that requires a lot of creativity and focuses simultaneously.
List of Best 2D Animation Studios in America
Many users usually need clarification when choosing animation studios for their work. So, our team does in-depth research to find the best 2D animation companies in the United States. Let’s dive into the main part of this article.
EssenceCartoon is the best 2D animation studio in America. This animation video production company is known for its High-Quality Services and customer satisfaction. Despite its small size compared to other studios such as Disney or Dreamworks, EssenceCartoon has won numerous awards and recognition worldwide for its quality production of computer-animated film content.
EssenceCartoon has a professional team that listens to your priority and starts working on your project. Whether you are looking for 2D animation, motion graphics, explainer videos, VFX, or any other animation-related work, this company provides you with the best services in the market.
2.Pixar Animation Studios
The other most successful 2D animation studio in the country is Pixar Animation Studios, located in Emeryville, California. Founded by Steve Jobs, Ed Catmull, and John Lasseter in May of 1986, Pixar has become the largest American-owned entertainment studio.
Another major 2D animation studio is Film Roman, known for its work on animated television shows such as “Dexter’s Laboratory,” “Johnny Bravo” and the recent DreamWorks film “Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted.” Founded in 1983 by two former Hanna-Barbera employees, Film Roman also successfully transitioned from TV animation to film production with such projects as the “Ice Age” and “Madagascar” series.
4.Walt Disney Animation Studios
Located in Burbank, California, Walt Disney Animation Studios is the leading animation studio for The Walt Disney Company. Founded in 1923 as the Disney Brothers Cartoon Studio, the company has produced scores of feature films and television shows. Some of its most popular animations include “Sleeping Beauty,” “Cinderella” and “The Little Mermaid.” Although Walt Disney died in 1966, his legacy continues today through this famous animation studio.
5.Rough Draft Studios
Rough Draft Studios is located in North Hollywood, California. Rough Draft was founded by several former Disney animators and has contributed to the production of such animated hits as “A Goofy Movie,” “Cars,” and “Ratatouille.” The studio is also well-known for animating the infamous sequence in “The Polar Express.”
What should be checked before hiring Animation Studios?
1. Work with the client (employer) to discuss and ensure the final product will meet their expectations.
2. Be able to voice your opinion. Express the emotions, the original idea, or feelings you want to convey through artistic styles and ideas that you have tried before and would like to try again for a new project.
3. You should have good communication skills. A clear communicator can have an easier time working with other people.
4. Choose your team members wisely. Teamwork is one of the most critical aspects of professional animation production. You must choose your partners wisely and work with people you can work well with in terms of communication and personal chemistry.
5. Be able to take criticism positively. Taking constructive criticism thoroughly is essential when working as a creative professional because you’ll have to refine your ideas constantly until they’re perfect!
6. Be able to handle stress. A considerable part of the animation is the amount of pressure that comes with the job. You’ll be working hard and long hours, usually under pressure from unrealistic deadlines. So, it’s essential to know how to handle stress!
All the mentioned studios are among the top 5 Best 2D animation studios in America. They are not only famous for their animated features but have garnered a lot of attention and success in the television industry. The high quality of work put into every animated project helps them become some of the most famous studios, producing content for adults and children alike.